In this Issue:
- ADS director Maureen Linehan meets with West Seattle Rotarians
- ADS Advisory Council hosts legislative candidate forums on aging readiness
- Two events to focus on Universal Design for all ages, all abilities
- July 7 Public Hearing for Draft 2015 Discretionary Allocations
- Seattle Senior Center Investment Process
- Digital Stories Help Bring Area Plan on Aging Alive!
Welcome to the Area Agency on Aging for Seattle and King County
Aging & Disability Services (ADS) plans, coordinates, and advocates for a comprehensive service delivery system for older adults, family caregivers and people with disabilities in King County.
ADS—a division of the Seattle Human Services Department—works in partnership with King County and United Way to:
- improve the health and quality of life for seniors and adults with disabilities;
- connect seniors and adults with disabilities with helpful resources; and
- provide help and support for caregivers.
2015—A Year to Remember:
- White House Conference on Aging
- Older Americans Month (May)
- 50th Anniversary of the Older Americans Act (July 14)
- 25th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (July 26)
- 50th Anniversary of Medicare (July 30)
- 50th Anniversary of Medicaid (July 30)
- 80th Anniversary of Social Security (August 14)
- ADS Brochure
- Case Management Program Brochure
- South King County Case Management Program Brochure
- Building-Based Case Management Program Brochure (SHA)
Additional brochures are available via the A–Z Directory.
For more information: