The Area Plan charts the course ADS will follow as we seek to create an elder-friendly community. The plan describes the function of ADS as the local Area Agency on Aging, presents relevant demographic trends, and outlines the major goals and objectives to be achieved over the course of four years.
Note: The Area Plan for 2016–2019, developed in 2014–2015, is currently under review by the State Unit on Aging (see Area Plan Updates).
The Area Plan is a guide to help us meet the challenges and opportunities before us by focusing on five issue areas:
- Long-Term Services and Supports
- Delay of Medicaid-funded Long-Term Services and Supports, Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Service Integration and Systems Coordination
- Older Native Americans
- Livable Communities
To request the Area Plan in an alternative format, click here. Please allow three to five days lead time.
For a one-page summary, click here.
The Area Plan on Aging is written every four years and updated bi-annually. For more information, visit the Area Plan Update Process webpage.
Area Plan Archives:
- Report Card: Area Plan on Aging for Seattle-King County 2012–2015
- 2014–2015 Update
- 2012–2015 Area Plan on Aging
- Area Plan on Aging for King County, Update for 2010-2011
- Area Plan on Aging, 2008-2011
- Executive Summary, 2008-2011 Area Plan
- Area Plan on Aging Update, 2006-07
- 2004-2007 Area Plan on Aging